The "Win-Win" Performance-based Hiring for Managers Online Workshop
Looking for our Recruiter Companion Course? Click Here
- Dates, Times & Cost
How to Hire Smart Using Performance-based Hiring™
A program for hiring managers and everyone who wants to become a great interviewer
Hire Smart or Manage Tough – Red Scott
In this course, you’ll learn how to hire smart!
"Hiring managers are getting top talent through proactive sourcing and screening. Retention has gone up as we've hired more qualified people and our diversity has also improved. The recruiters feel much more empowered and confident using Performance-based Hiring."
– Nancy D., Director Global Talent Acquisition
Fee: June Only Special Pricing $300. This includes 90-day access to our new online course, Basics: Conducting the Performance-based Interview, a full set of templates and tools, our unique digital app and an opportunity to learn all of the techniques at our live hands-on workshop.
Special 2:1 Recruiter and Hiring Manager Training Opportunity
To take advantage of the current hiring pause, we're offering recruiters and hiring managers an opportunity to partner closely on a search project using the Win-Win Hiring process from end-to-end. Contact us for more details on this 2:1 pricing offer.
Next Two-Part Online Course: June 12 and 19, 2020
During the live workshop we’ll guide users step-by-step through on our online course, Basics: Conducting the Performance-based Interview.
Module One: June 12ᵗʰ – 8-10am PT. Win-Win Hiring: Clarifying Expectations Before the Hire and Delivering on the Promise After the Hire.
Module Two: June 19ᵗʰ – 8-10am PT. Conducting the Performance-based Interview, Controlling Biases and Predicting On-the-Job Performance using the Quality of Hire Talent Scorecard.
This course is the foundational workshop for every hiring manager who wants to hire top talent. It’s based on Lou Adler’s more than 40 years in the recruiting industry on what it takes to hire a great person and the role of the hiring manager. The program is built around these four Performance-based Hiring principles:
Principle One: To hire a great person you need to offer a great job.
A great job is not a lists of skills and experiences wrapped around a generic employer brand. It’s a clear description of what the person needs to do to be considered a great hire and why it’s a compelling career move. In this course, hiring managers learn how to create these great jobs.
Principle Two: The strongest people need to be attracted in, not weeded out.
The best people don’t look for work the same way average people do. In most cases these people are found through proactive networking and sophisticated marketing campaigns. During this workshop, hiring managers understand their role in helping their HR and recruiting teams source this level of candidate quality.
Principle Three: The interview is far more than a assessment tool. It’s the hub of the entire hiring process.
The Performance-based Interview covered in this program represents a complete discovery process used to accurately assess competency and to demonstrate to the most highly sought-after candidates your opening represents a true career move. The Performance-based Interview is simple to learn, easy to implement and unmatched in achieving these results.
Principle Four: Recruiting is not selling the candidate, it’s getting the candidate to sell you.
The best candidates – whether active or passive – are very discriminating. Getting them to see your opening as a career move is how you close the offer on growth and impact rather than compensation. Hiring managers learn how use the Performance-based Interview to set up the recruiting process.
The Top Five Things You’ll Learn in the Course
- How to clarify expectations before the hire to ensure they’re met after the hire.
- Using the Performance-based Interview to predict on-the-job performance, potential and team skills.
- How to avoid hiring “90-day Wonders.” These are the people who after 90 days you wonder why you hired them in the first place.
- Ensuring your recruiter is presenting and qualifying the strongest people.
- Understanding the role hiring managers must play in order to recruit the strongest passive candidates.
"Performance-based Hiring was so much more effective than what we were doing in the past. It gave us an objective, consistent method for determining whether each candidate’s work experience would prepare them to achieve the results we require in the role."
– Chris K., Founder and President
The onsite course is available in Half-day or Full-day, in-person training.
The online course is instructor led and consists of two, two-hour modules representing the new standard for delivering high-quality state-of-the-art management training. The course is interactive, fact-paced, and impactful. Here are the hot topics covered in each course:
- Why you need to hire top performers, not top candidates. Top candidates look sharp, sound sharp, and make great presentations. Unfortunately, presentation doesn't predict performance. Complicating matters further, top performers don't look for new jobs nor accept offers using the same decision criteria as top candidates. Understanding and managing the differences is the first step in hiring more top people.
- Understanding the real job. Top people want better jobs and better careers. Converting traditional job descriptions into compelling career opportunities is the first step in attracting and assessing top performers.
- The Performance-based Interview. Interviewing is easy when everyone on the hiring team understands real job needs. It's even easier using our famous two-question behavioral interview. This plus our 10-Factor Talent Scorecard is all it takes to accurately assess job fit and motivation.
- Recruiting and closing. Too many managers think recruiting is selling. It's not. It's about using the performance profile and the interview to demonstrate job growth and career opportunity. Learning how to position the job is the key to attracting and closing the best people without paying unnecessary salary premiums.
All course attendees receive a comprehensive workshop handout, a copy of our Performance-based Evaluation Interview, samples performance profiles, a 60-minute audio summary of performance-based interviewing, and our pocket-sized Performance-based Hiring™ Hot Tips card.
This is the course that all line managers should take before they interview another candidate. Contact us to learn more.
"Lou is a dynamic presenter and full of knowledge and enthusiasm. It's only the first session and I have already learned new tools, techniques and approaches to improve upon what I am already doing as an experienced and successful Senior Recruiter. I am excited about the next three weeks and am glad to be participating."
Lou Adler is the CEO and founder of The Adler Group – a training and search firm helping companies implement Performance-based Hiring™. Adler is the author of the Amazon top-10 best-seller, Hire With Your Head (John Wiley & Sons, 3rdEdition, 2007). His most recent book has just been published, The Essential Guide for Hiring & Getting Hired (Workbench, 2013). He is also the author of the award-winning Nightingale-Conant audio program, Talent Rules! Using Performance-based Hiring to Hire Top Talent (2007). Adler is a noted recruiting industry expert, international speaker, and columnist for a number of major recruiting and HR organization sites including SHRM, HRPA, SMA, ERE, LinkedIn, and HR.com.
Bryan Johanson is the COO of the Adler Group, a consulting and training company specializing in hiring process reengineering. He has been consulting and training for the last 8 years with companies as diverse as Mellon Bank, Royal Canadian Bank, Kinecta Federal Credit Union, Arby's Restaurants, Panda Restaurant Group, REI, and the YMCA of the USA. His previous career includes over 15 years experience in management, the majority of which has been in high technology sales and marketing. His leadership experience in start-up companies and Fortune 500 companies has provided him with a unique perspective on the issues of hiring top talent.
Prior to The Adler Group, Mr. Johanson has held positions including Executive Vice President of POWER Hiring, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Enfish Technology, Director of Channel Programs and Services for Novell Inc., and Director of Channel Programs and Strategies for WordPerfect Corporation.
Bryan is the father of eight children and lives and works in Parker, CO.