The Adler Group's Recruiter Competency Model
Here are the 12 recruiter competencies that we have established as most important, based on our performance-based hiring certification workshops:
- Motivated to excel. Persistent, doesn’t take no for an answer.
- Industry and company expert. Someone worth knowing. Trusted advisor.
- Influences hiring manager and hiring team on all hiring related decisions. Every candidate recommended is interviewed. Minimizes interviews per hire.
- Understands real job needs at technical and results level. Not a box checker.
- Prepares robust, insightful sourcing and branding plans to attract all potential candidates.
- Uses advanced social media and marketing tools to find best active candidates.
- Boolean and email marketing expert to find and attract top passive candidates.
- Has mastered the art of networking to identify and recruit outstanding passive candidates.
- Great organizer. On top of all issues, always. Doesn’t waste time presenting weak candidates.
- Leverages technology (LinkedIn, ATS, CRM) to maximize candidate quality and personal productivity.
- Accurate and insightful interviewer. Focuses on performance, fit and motivation. Predicted performance turns out to be extremely accurate.
- With passive candidates: a great recruiter, negotiator and exceptional closer.
Here’s a sample form of this competency model.
Four-Minute Video Overview
Press the Play button to start this short video preview of Lou Adler's Recruiter Competency Model.